Top Illustrations Colleges in USA
If you love illustrations and have spent a large part of your life in illustrating work, you might want to go and study in a university that helps you learn the true essence of illustration and help you explore your creativity.
With several Illustrations Colleges making a name for themselves in the country, it often becomes difficult to choose the best. If you are looking for the top illustrations colleges - USA, then this will help you understand what the top colleges have to offer to all its students so that you can make a wise choice and choose the college that best suits your personal needs and preferences.
- Syracuse University, New York Located in Syracuse, New York, it boasts of more than 20,000 students and is one of the best illustrations colleges in the country. With less than 50 percent acceptance rate, it has set its standards extremely high and takes in only the best students. One can expect to get top-notch education in the field of illustrations and drawing which will help the individual achieve his goals in the future.
- Yale University, New Haven Offering a very selective program in illustrations and drawing, a few years back Yale University was awarded one of the top art schools and continues to be so today. It offers a Masters in Fine Arts or MFA in various disciplines which include painting, photography and graphic designing to name some. The painting and printmaking department offer coursework in illustrations and drawing and only about 21 students get admission in this department annually.
- Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), Providence Considered to be one of the best colleges in recent times, RISD is renowned for its amazing drawing and painting programs offered to its students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) for students pursuing the illustrations program and allows them to work with computer-generated, sketched and painted images. Students also get a chance to develop a professional portfolio of their own; something which is not found in many other colleges in the country!
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC), Chicago Another one of the top illustrations colleges, it boasts of an unique curriculum where students can design their own study course and offers both undergraduate and graduate programs to them. Undergraduate students are given complete liberty to pursue combined studies in illustration, drawing and architectural design while graduate students can experiment with their courses to get a rich educational experience when in college.
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh This college offers BFA curriculum which allows the students to choose a field out of photography, painting, printmaking and drawing which integrates both electronic and manual tools. Underclassmen are provided with shared drawing studios that are well-equipped and ready-to-use. MFA students are however given private and shared studio areas. The university encourages off-campus internships and partnerships to allow the student to get a first-hand experience of the career he is about to take up.
- University of Texas, Austin The bachelor's degree programs offered by this renowned university require the student to study across 7 media fields which includes photography, printmaking, transmedia, drawing and painting or digital art. A MFA illustration student needs to focus on any of these fields. Dedicated studio spaces are assigned to all MFA students and offer an in-depth knowledge to them about the subject of their choice.
These are just some of the best colleges in USA. These tops illustrations college USA will help you learn illustration and hone your skills while also helping you to explore more career options.