Graduate Program on Pharmacy
Pharmaceutical studies deal with the analysis of drugs and other chemical compounds for bettering
human healthcare. A Masters degree in Pharmacy places the students at the crux of human health
management, making them experts in the field of modern drug therapy and services.
Scope of a Masters Degree In Pharmacy:
- New, emerging diseases have instilled a need for modern drug therapy all over the world thereby requiring more skilled candidates in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Pharmacists can be associated with the pharmacies in hospitals, clinics as well as select drugstores.
- They can also act as consultants advising patients on drug usage and safety or can practice as compound pharmacists formulating different versions of a drug.
Thanks for the above reasons, there are ample job opportunities available to students who complete the course. These jobs offer a rewarding career, are usually high paying in nature.
POPULAR UNIVERSITIES FOR M.S IN PHARMACY FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
1. UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA, CANADA:
2. UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND:
- It is a public research University ranked among the top 50 in the world for Pharmaceutical studies.
- It is a two years thesis based course offering a Masters degree in either of the two areas namely Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacy Practice.
- The admission requirements include a relevant Bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 3 or above along with high scores in the English language proficiency tests, i.e., TOEFL or IELTS.
- This University provides the largest Faculty conducting research in the various areas of Pharmaceutical Sciences along with hands-on training through tie-ups with various organizations such as Drug Development and Innovation Center.
- Funding is available through awards, scholarships, and grants for students high in academic achievements.
3. UNIVERSITY OF BRIGHTON, ENGLAND:
- Being the largest University in New Zealand, it also holds a prestigious place among the top 50 universities in the world for Pharmacy related education.
- Students can pursue a Masters degree in Health Sciences or Clinical Pharmacy. The degree in Clinical Pharmacy is a Research-based course whereas M.S in Health Sciences can be a Research-based or Coursework based degree, both having a time span of 2 years.
- Research is carried out by top-class faculty in three areas namely Pharmacy Practice, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacotherapy providing students with training and knowledge in the chosen field of interest.
- A profile high in academics, standardized tests scores is a necessity for admission to this university.
4. UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA, U.S.A:
- Being a top-notch research-based university, it is well known for its School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular studies.
- It offers a masters degree in various areas of Pharmacy studies including Clinical Pharmacy Practice, Industrial Pharmaceutical studies, Industrial Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology.
- The Faculty members are experts in their field of study and impart quality education to the students exposing them to various industries and fellowship programs in other Universities all over the world.
- Financial assistance is provided to brilliant students through scholarships and assistantships.
- One of the best places in the United States for studies in the Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences related fields.
- This University houses the College of Pharmacy proving a Masters degree in Pharmaceutics, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, toxicology and Clinical Research.
- Highly professional faculty members hand in hand with sophisticated technology and equipment provide students with quality education and training.
- Scholarships and awards are available but limited for Masters Degree-seeking students.
The Masters in Pharmacy degree opens up a lot of options for students seeking careers in the Health Sciences arena. While the course can be costly if you are an international student, the ample high paying jobs after graduation will more than make up for the initial investment.